Saturday 24 September 2011

Preparing Images for Reference Plates

The first task in creating the head model involved creating reference plates. These will be used as a guide when modelling the my head. The process to create these were shown in the first video (http://cg-india.com/tutorials/3dsmax_tutorials_organic_modeling.html)

I started with two photos, one of the front of my head and one of the side. These were brought into Photoshop where they were edited to create the reference plates. The lens correction filter was used to remove the lens distortion in the photo to flatten out the image. Next I copied the two images into the same file and lined them so that the features in the face were level.

This part was quite difficult as all of the features had to be lined up and often some of the features were lined up but others were out of line. I managed to the two images to be resonably aligned and decided to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment