Thursday 17 November 2011

Finishing the model and textures

Finishing the model and textures ready for animating.


With the stairs created I decided to create the spindles that go beneath the handrail. I used a cylinder and then used the array tool to create the rest of them.


The doors were created from boxes,  I adjusted the height and width so that they fitted in the wall sections. Next I modelled the door handles, I started with a cylinder and adjusted the shape of this by scaling sections of the cylinder. Finally I applied a turbosmooth modifier to create the final shape for the handle and added a symmetry modifier to create the one for the other side of the door.

I modeled different types of handles for the different doors in the guildhall. I applied a wood texture to the doors and a metal texture to the handles.



Finally I decided to optimize the model by removing any unneeded edges. I used target weld to join the unneeded vertices. Now the sides of the model are much simpler.

I selected the objects for the different parts of the model and created selection sets to make it easier to select them when needed. Selection sets allow you to select multiple object with one click.

To create a selection set select the objects and then type in a name for the set into the selection set box on the top toolbar and press enter. These objects can easily be selected again by selecting the name from the selection set drop-down box.

When creating the guildhall model I modelled it in separate parts. This makes it easier to see into the model as the different sections of the model can be hidden. Using selection sets the attic, first floor or ground floor can be easily selected and hidden.

Next I will look into how it can be animated to create the growing effect that we are after for the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment