Tuesday 8 November 2011

Guildhall windows

To create the windows I used a plane for the pane of glass and boxes for the frames. From the reference images taken of the guildhall I could see that on the top floor the windows were made up of rectangle pieces of glass but on the ground floor they were diamond shaped with diagonal frames.


I adjusted the window that I had modeled to create each of the windows in the guildhall, adjusting the size and amount of frames in each window.

Windows in place on first floor
To create the windows for the ground floor I used the method but rotated the frames so that they were diagonal.


The windows for the ground floor were trickier as it was harder to move the vertices, to adjust the size, and keep the angle of the frame correct.

Windows in place on both floors

No comments:

Post a Comment