Sunday 6 November 2011

Finishing off the Guildhall

As I said in the previous post I found that the windows were on the model were in the wrong place according to the reference image. Some of the windows looked like they were in the right place but others did not.

I stared to move these so that they were in place with the reference plane but this caused problems as then the beams were in the wrong place. So I decided to keep the windows as they were in the floor plans and just position the windows height from this reference image.


I created the beams for attic and first floor and created the arched beam that is positioned above the passageway through the guildhall.


I moved the beams inside the building so that they did not stick through the floors into the other rooms and so they were in the correct place.

I removed some loops from the guildhall that were no longer needed to tidy up the model.


Above the guildhall is shown before starting to add textures to the model. I looked at photos taken of the guildhall to get textures for the model. In these images, taken during the visit, there was a net covering the roof of the guildhall (to stop tiles from falling before off during the renovation?). In other images on the guildhall website this is not there and the tiles looked much nicer, but these images were too small to be used to create a texture.

I used a texture from cgtextures.com for the roof of the guildhall and this worked quite well. I looked for a texture that looked similar to the tiles used on the guildhall.


Next I will continue to add textures for the rest of the parts of the model, then it will be ready to place the items inside and start creating the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment