Thursday 20 October 2011

Creating the eyes

I created some eyeballs for the model using spheres. I then scaled the spheres to size and edited them so that there were two loops for the on the eye in place for the pupil and iris.


I used a symmetry modifier create the other eye and then rotated the sphere so the eyes were facing forward. I used a multi-material with set with different colours for different parts of the eyes.

Eyes without texture in place
I decided to use a texture for the eye. To quickly texture the eyes I used a UVW map modifier set to planar and then adjusted the height and width of the image and the U, V and W tile values to get it into the right place. I lined the iris on the eye and then applied a turbosmooth to smooth the eye.


As I used planar mapping for the texture it tiles across the eyeball are like this (see below), but you can see this as they are inside the head.  If I was going to animate the eyes I would neeed to redo the UV mapping on the eyes but as it is a still it doesn't matter too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment