Monday 17 October 2011

Texture painting

To creating the texture for the model I opened up the UV template in Photoshop to use as a guide. I created a solid black layer so that I could see the guide. I doubled the texture size to 4096 x 2048 so that the texture would be as large as possible so it would be clearer.


I opened up refence image to use when creating the texture. I used the lasso tool to copy and paste sections from the reference images into texture and then used the free transform and warp tool to get it to fit to the UV template.


I merged the individual layers so I could then blend them together. I used the healing brush, spot healing brush and the clone stamp tool to blender the different sections of the textures together. I saved a PNG copy of the image with no compression so this will not affect the quality of the texture.

In 3DS Max I created a new material and set a the image texture as the diffuse colour for the material. Below the head model is shown with the partly complete texture map in place.


Below the texture map so far is shown. I have tried to remove the shadows from the texture as these will be created by the lights in the scene so do not need to be included in the texture map.


Below the material in 3DS Max so far is shown, there is still a bit of work to do on the face as well as trying to remove the seams on the top of the head and neck.


I also need to add the hair at the front of the head and to move lips, eyebrows etc so that they are in the right place on the mesh.

I will continue creating the texture and then go onto creating the bump texture material for the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment