Tuesday 18 October 2011

Texture painting (continued)

I placed the hair for front part of head in place in the texture in Photoshop and then viewed the texture on the model in 3DS Max to see how it looked.


I imported the normal map, that I rendered when creating the UV map, into Photoshop, as this would make it easier to see the which part of the eyes and nose would be inside the mesh. I coloured the inside of the eyes red and the inside of the nose black using the normal map as a guide.


Looking at the texture mapped to the head in 3DS Max I found that the eyebrows, lips and hair were in the the wrong place. I used liquify in Photoshop to move the lips into the right place, this made them too blurry so I decided to do them again. For the eyebrows I selected them with the lasso tool and then pasted them into the right place.


When looking at the side of the head the ear colour didn't match the head and the hair was not close enough to the ear. As the ear is in a separate section to the in the UV map it is difficult to match the texture across the ear. This may be able to be solved by putting the ear back into the section in the head but this would mean that the ear UV would be more

I continued the texture over where the ear would be and then copied this onto the ear and used warp to fit it to the shape of the ear, this worked quite well but I think that with some more work it could be made to look better.


Next I need to move the lips into the right place on the texture and blend the eyebrows into the head texture. Once the texture is complete I will create the bump map texture to create some texture on the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment