Friday 14 October 2011

Finishing the ear

After having drawn out the topology for the ear I started to move the vertices in front view to line them up with the front reference plane.


Below is the begining of the ear with turbosmooth applied. I used the insert tool to create more edges to create the indents in the ear.


I moved the vertices around to add more detail to the ear.


Below are the finished ears before they are joined to the head. created the back of the ear.


I added polygons to the back and side of the ear to join it to the head. I used the snap tool to line up the vertices on the ear with the vertices on the head model.


Above the head is shown with the ear in place and turbosmooth applied and the image below shows the head with the ear attached.


When joining the ears to the the head model I tried to make sure that the polygons were all quad but there is one small triangle poly where the ear joins to the head, this is not too much of a problem as it is at the back of the ear so no one will see it.

The model is now finished and just needs to be textured. Looking at my head I think that it looks a bit too thin so I will scale so that it looks better proportioned and I will add shoulders to the neck to make it look better.


Modelling the ear and attaching it to the head was quite hard as there is quite a lot of detail in a small area and it was difficult to see the vertices between the head and the ear.

I think that so far the modelling is going quite well although there is quite a lot still to do and not much time left to finish creating the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment