Saturday 8 October 2011

Refining the mesh and creating nose

The next step was to refine the mesh and create the nose and lips. I created the nose by extruding the edges by shift dragging then and then moved them into place. The nose needed more vertices as it is quite detailed so I created another row of edges using the connect tool.


Next I adjusted the topology of the nose so that it flowed smoothly around the shape of the nose.


Next I selected the edges around the nostril and then using the extrude tool extruded the nostrils up inside the nose. I used the move tool to move them in place.


Above is the refined mesh with the nose created, next it is time to create the lips.


I created the lips in a similar way to creating the nose and added more edges using the cut tool. I had some trouble getting the lips correct and at the same time making sure the topology is flowing correctly.


Above is the final face mesh, I still may do some more to refine the mesh later in the process. This stage took some time as I spent the time refining the mesh to get it to look good. The next step is to create the back of the head and to create the ears.

I think that so far the model is going well and is progressing at a good rate but there are still a lot of stages to complete to finish the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment