Monday 17 October 2011

Finishing UV unwrapping

I edited the UV map again and scaled down the size of the ear so that it was in proportion with the head.


Later I moved the ear into the bottom left corner of the UV texture as the other side of the UV map had to be welded to the first side. I exited edit mode and then turned on symmetry and added another unwrap UVW modifier on top of the symmetry modifier.

I went back to edit the UV map. Using element select I selected the map for the other side of the head and mirrored it and moved it so that it lined up. I welded the points down the middle of the face and moved the ear and mirrored it. Next I changed the aspect ratio of the image and scaled it to fit.


Next I rendered a UV template that will be imported into Photoshop and used as a guide to create the texture. I saved this as a PNG so that it would save the alpha channel into the image. This will save me from having to create a mask from the template when importing it into Photoshop.


Next it is time to create the texture for the model using the template as a guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment