Friday 28 October 2011

Continue modelling the guildhall

After having modelled the basic shape of the guildhall we got hold of some more detailed plans. I brought these into 3DS Max and adjusted the model slightly where the new reference images were different to what I had modelled.


The two floors of the model now fitted better together. There were lines drawn on the ground floor plan that could be used to help line up the top and bottom floor.


As the new guildhall plans were larger and included more detail it was easier to use them for modelling over the previous ones. It will also make it easier when creating the interior objects as the items inside will be clearer.


I modelled beams for the building using the reference images for both floors. I also used the reference images to model the interior of the attic, I will use this when modelling the roof.


This is what the model looks like so far. Next I need to redo the roof, as it is different in these reference images than the previous reference images I had used, as well as the beams below the first floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment